Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Educate employees on benefit plan options through orientation meetings and ensure proper open enrollment administration for newly eligible or employees with life events.
- Coordinates open enrollment to include all employee communications and system set up.
- Responsible for researching and responding to employee inquiries as well as working with vendors and insurance carriers to investigate discrepancies.
- Prepares information and responds to questions from both internal and external auditors as they apply to benefit plan audits.
- Administer leave of absence and FMLA process to include coordination with Short Term Disability; responsible for Affordable Care Act monitoring and reporting.
- Assists with research to identify current benefit trends, new laws, and regulations related to benefit plans.
- Cross trains with Payroll Specialist to ensure continuity of payroll responsibilities in the absence of employee and to ensure understanding of the relationship between benefits and payroll.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of progressive experience in benefits administration, required.
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, required.
- Experience using HR/Payroll system, Ultimate Software experience preferred.
- Knowledge of federal/state laws related to payroll and benefits.
- Excellent and demonstrated professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Proficient in working independently as well as part of a team.