American National Bank is looking for a new Benefits Specialist to aid in the oversight of benefits and medical leave administration. The ideal candidate will possess over two years of benefits administration with knowledge of leave of absences and general payroll procedures. This individual will also need to be customer service focused, maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality, and practice professionalism in all workplace interactions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Educate employees on benefit plan options through orientation meetings and ensure proper open enrollment administration for newly eligible or employees with life events.
- Coordinates open enrollment to include all employee communications and system set up.
- Responsible for researching and responding to employee inquiries as well as working with vendors and insurance carriers to investigate discrepancies.
- Prepares information and responds to questions from both internal and external auditors as they apply to benefit plan audits.
- Administer leave of absence and FMLA process to include coordination with Short Term Disability; responsible for Affordable Care Act monitoring and reporting.
- Assists with research to identify current benefit trends, new laws, and regulations related to benefit plans.
- Cross trains with Payroll Specialist to ensure continuity of payroll responsibilities in the absence of employee and to ensure understanding of the relationship between benefits and payroll.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of progressive experience in benefits administration, required.
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, required.
- Experience using HR/Payroll system, Ultimate Software experience preferred.
- Knowledge of federal/state laws related to payroll and benefits.
- Excellent and demonstrated professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Proficient in working independently as well as part of a team.