American National Bank is looking for a new Benefits Specialist to aid in the oversight of benefits and medical leave administration. The ideal candidate will possess over two years of benefits administration with knowledge of leave of absences and general payroll procedures. This individual will also need to be customer service focused, maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality, and practice professionalism in all workplace interactions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Educate employees on benefit plan options through orientation meetings and ensure proper benefit enrollment administration for newly eligible and employee life events. Ensure enrollment dates in HRIS align accordingly for appropriate payroll deductions. Oversee benefit electronic file feeds to ensure accurate enrollment information transfers to carriers. Researches and responds to employee or manager benefit plan questions. Contacts insurance carriers and vendors to investigate discrepancies and provide information for non-routine situations for employees. Create and distribute benefit related communications. Maintain updated benefit materials on the intranet and HRIS my company pages.
- Responsible for coordinating annual benefits open enrollment to include employee communications, employee meetings, system setup, interface files, and all applicable follow-up to ensure accurate payroll deductions. Works with benefit advisor to prepare benefit materials for distribution or posting to the intranet resource page.
- Manage employee wellness program to include creating and distributing communications, oversight of points reporting, and providing census file data to wellness partner. Lead event coordination that corresponds with wellness initiatives to include company challenges, flu shot clinics, red cross blood drives, mobile mammograms, on-site biometric screenings, financial wellness seminars, EAP seminars, and other related events.
- Completes monthly benefit invoice reconciliation and ensure accurate invoice payments to carriers. Run reports as needed and reconcile to benefit invoices. Communicate with carriers and resolve all discrepancies. Provide invoices to Account Payable for processing payments.
- Administer all employees leave of absence, FMLA, ADA, and Short-Term Disability process to include paperwork, record keeping, communicating with employees and managers, and notifying the Payroll Specialist on applicable pay for employees on leave. Issues all required paperwork or notices in compliance with laws and regulations. Compiles and maintains all benefit records and documentation. Ensures records are up to date and kept in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for monthly and annually Affordable Care Act (ACA) monitoring and reporting in the HRIS. Trouble shoot and partner with HRIS resource to resolve errors as needed. Ensure employee related forms and employer filing are completed as required.
- Assists with research to identify current benefit trends, new laws, and regulations related to benefit plans. Maintains understanding of HRIS and related systems and processes in order to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of benefits processes and procedures. Ensure all required benefit related policies and procedures are developed, documented, and reviewed periodically.
- Manage workers compensation claims to include incident reporting, employee pay determined as applicable by state, and communicates with employees and managers on time away from work and return to work.
- Prepares information and responds to questions from both internal and external auditors as they apply to benefit plan audits. Serves as a liaison with outside insurance carriers or other agencies to ensure compliance with all benefit regulatory compliance requirements. Ensures all Summary Plan Descriptions and Plan Documents are updated and meet all legal requirements. Coordinates completion of 5500 reports and discrimination testing for benefit plan and coordinates the distribution of Summary Annual Reports.
- Lead or assist with coordination of other company events to include United Way campaign, employee holiday events, and employee summer events. Create related communications, add or update intranet resources, and coordinate all events as applicable.
- Cross train with Payroll Specialist to ensure continuity of payroll responsibilities in the absence of employee and to ensure understanding of the relationship between benefits and payroll transactions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of progressive experience in benefits administration, required.
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, required.
- Experience using HR/Payroll system, Ultimate Software experience preferred.
- Knowledge of federal/state laws related to payroll and benefits.
- Excellent and demonstrated professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Proficient in working independently as well as part of a team.