American National Bank is looking for a new Branch Manager to over see all aspects of a branch, including accountability for the branch’s financial performance, client growth, retention, and satisfaction, operational efficiency, branch facilities, and adherence to policies and procedures. An ideal Branch Manager will possess 3 or more years banking experience, previous leadership experience, and be highly organized with strong communication skills.
This position will perform as a Dual-Branch Manager to oversee the Carter Lake and Crescent branches.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary point of accountability for all branch operations, security and facility related matters.
- Develops a strong team within the branch including the following: selecting, interviewing, hiring and continually developing new staff; evaluating individual team member performance and to grow talent for long-term contribution to the bank.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with clients and the community, ensuring client needs and considerations are met in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensures the branch is running in an operationally sound manner by maintaining satisfactory monthly and annual audit ratings and certifications.
- Translates area goals to individual team contributions managing production activities and helping to achieve branch goals through effective management of sales and referral opportunities.
- Continuously possesses the ability to effectively perform all branch transactions including but not limited to: opening and processing new accounts, referrals, running a teller drawer, assisting or overseeing the daily vault balancing, and maintaining accounts and inventory of branch items.
- Provides oversight and direction to his/her team members in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Partners with Human Resources in recruiting new talent, training and onboarding of new employees, performance management, employment relations, and employee career development.
Experience and Education
- Three to five years of experience in banking as an individual contributor, required.
- Two years of teller related experience, required.
- Two to three years of client service and sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Secondary education is preferred.
- Previous people management experience, highly preferred.
- Ability to effectively work both independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors, suppliers and clients.
- Strong passion for customer service, continuously striving for best in class service.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions is must.
- Possesses a strong attention to detail and is highly organized.