Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs tracking and compliance related to Bank Secrecy Act for the bank.
- Review and make decisions on transaction monitoring alerts designed to detect potential money laundering, terrorist financing, drug trafficking, and various types of fraud and illegal activity.
- Reviews and researches internally generated reports on a daily basis to gather information (transactions greater than $10,000) in order to file Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs). Uses judgment and BSA knowledge to determine when to file all required CTRs accurately and timely.
- Annually reviews and determines accurate list of exempted businesses for BSA Officer and in accordance with Financial Crime Enforcement Network (FINCEN) guidelines. Researches 314A requests from FINCEN. Research list (names, aliases and SSN) of “person of interest” that various government agencies are searching for. Conducts various searches of ANB systems, prepare proper documentation and applicable response to the FINCEN as required.
- Member of the SAR Committee; provides input to Committee on any suspicious activity found and whether a SAR should be completed and provide supporting rationale as to why the Bank is filing the SAR. Prepare accurate SARs; Files government CTR’s and SAR’s based on current regulation.
- Maintains proper documentation according to banking regulations and compliance for all BSA related responsibilities.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of garnishments and levies, laws for states of Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa as well as understand jurisdiction of other states. Reviews, prepares, researches, and submits garnishments and levies and serve as backup for summons and subpoenas research.
- Researches customer accounts based on the request received. Withdraw money from customer accounts based on directive of legal action taken and place funds in cashier check. Send letter to customer along with the debtor to inform them funds were withdrawn.
- Research, gather information requested and maintain records for subpoenas and summons and respond according to applicable state law and banking regulations.
- Performs special projects as assigned and provides back up for SVP of Operations Assistant.
- Maintain knowledge and provide for coverage of EIM and return deposit items.
- Handles special projects as assigned by SVP of Operations or VP of Operations.
- Sorts and distributes mail and reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the banking industry in one of the following roles: teller, customer service or other bank operations role.
- Existing knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act.
- General bookkeeping experience, preferred.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- High school diploma, required
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- General knowledge of overall bank operations, Bank Secrecy Act and Deposit Compliance.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as: computer terminal, adding machine, typewriter, encoding machine, postage machine, facsimile machine and telephone system.
- Ability to analyze and make judgments and decisions pertaining to applicable bank regulation and state and federal laws.
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate with various staff levels of bank staff, legal counsel, regulators and auditors.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle interruptions.
- Technical writing skills.