With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The BSA Officer is responsible for developing, implementing, administering, and maintaining all aspects of the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Program. This role will ensure the program functions at a high level of compliance with the BSA/AML related laws and regulations, internal policies and Federal regulatory expectations. The BSA Officer is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of BSA/AML compliance and to independently recognize, develop, and implement effective compliance related solutions for the BSA/AML program.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates and oversees an effective Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC Compliance Program that is in compliance with current industry best practices, regulatory guidance and requirements. Develops, implements, administers and enhances the BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act monitoring systems to ensure that appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious and/or fraudulent activity. Conducts BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessments at least annually with consideration to products, services, clients and geographies that may present BSA/AML/OFAC related risks.
- Establishes and maintains an effective CDD/EDD risk rating and monitoring program to include initial and ongoing assessments, and reviews and analyzes unusual account activity. Establishes and maintains appropriate SAR investigation, reviews and reports processes that promote consistent decisions; adequate investigation and research; and completes detailed documentation.
- Acts as a liaison/contact for examinations, internal audit and external audits of the BSA/AML compliance programs. Responds to exams and audit concerns and oversees corrective action of all related compliance deficiencies. Administers BSA/AML/OFAC related training programs for directors, management and employees and provides BSA guidance and coaching to employees.
- Updates and revises BSA/AML/OFAC and all other compliance policies and procedures. Maintains BSA/AML related monitoring and reporting systems. Serves as subject matter expert in all systems related to BSA/AML activities. Monitors and analyzes developing industry and compliance trends and changes to laws and regulations pertaining to BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act. Advises stakeholders of emerging risks, new or amended laws, regulations, or agency guidance and recommends and implements changes and controls to mitigate those risks.
- BSA Monitoring and Filings: Ensures all required regulatory reporting is conducted in a timely, accurate, and compliant manner. Ensures staff completes required CTRs by comparing system generated reports to CTRs submitted. Coordinates completion of missing reports with staff and management.
Experience and Education
- Five to seven years of bank, bank compliance and Bank Secrecy Act experience
- Five years managerial experience.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred or equivalent experience. CAMS certification.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Expert knowledge of policies and procedures of Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act and OFAC
- Knowledge of state, federal and national banking regulations
- Knowledge of bank operations
- Ability to communicate both orally and written in a professional manner
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and analytical problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as: personal computer, copy machine, adding machine and fax
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and manage time & resources to meet deadlines