Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Business Banking Specialist maintains a high level of expertise in the products and services designed for business & non-profit clients. This position has knowledge of multiple financial services, including cash management, and services new and existing customers in a manner consistent with the sales, service, and operational goals of the bank. The Business Banking Specialist support the commercial banking team by preparing commercial loan documents, loan closings, and providing superior customer service.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and processes commercial loan documents for Senior Lending Officers in preparation for loan closing and forwards file to the Loan Operations Department.
- Performs special projects as assigned, included but not limited to the following: business development reports, loan status reports, loan quality and control reports/monitoring, and/or risk based capital reports.
- Preparation of various documents including subordination agreements, modification agreements, extension agreements and deeds of reconveyance.
- Could include cross-training a Client Services Banker as a back-up to ensure continuation of service during times of absence.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding balances, payoffs, collateral, etc.
- Maintains thorough working knowledge of the products and services, including cash management designed for business and non-profit clients, bank/branch goals, policies, and operating procedures as well as all current promotions.
- Originates consumer and small business loans for business clients, processing advances on loans and managing loan activity.
- Interviews clients and sets up products and services specifically designed to meet the needs of the business and non-profit customers.
- Calls on existing customers to develop new and/or additional business and to protect and strengthen existing profitable customer relationships.
- Opens commercial, non-profit and personal deposit accounts to include preparing signature cards, corporate resolutions and account documentation.
- Review daily overdraft report and work with Lender to decision whether to pay or decline check.
- Achieve compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
- Two+ years in banking experience, preferably commercial lending, lending administration or as a Personal Banker.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Possess knowledge of lending and bank operations.
- Ability to communicate both oral and written in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to compare data from two sources and locate discrepancies.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.