The Business Planning and Analysis Analyst is responsible for supporting budgets, forecasts, financial reporting, and strategic analysis via cross-functional collaboration. The BP&A Analyst is an administrator of the budgeting and financial reporting system and is a key communication bridge between front and back office business units, management, and the business performance analysis team.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Become a proficient for Axiom budgeting and reporting software.
- Manage the database structure, maintain tables, plan files, reporting, repository, and stay abreast of best practices for system management.
- Improve quality, accuracy and integrity of information, maintaining a single source of the financial truth.
- Translate numbers into a business story. Turn data into actionable information. Recommend actions.
- Support strategic short and long-term business decisions through ST and LT financial forecasting, modeling and analysis (Corporate and Business unit).
- Improve and develop a culture of accountability and budget management by leading and supporting a company-wide planning and forecasting process that is efficient and effective for all business units and subsidiaries.
- Analyze and report on business unit financial performance by means of: strategic and direct contribution review, monthly and quarterly forecasting, cost control, project management, target setting, etc.
- Identify and monitor key financial drivers; report on business unit performance to stakeholder. Meet regularly with business units and analysis team to identify trends and capitalize on opportunities and to ensure active earnings and profitability management.
- Design, implement and present financial, budgetary and forecast reports and data outcomes.
- Develop deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities in the financial services industry.
- Continue financial and banking education via available training opportunities, internal communication, reading industry resources, and occasional conference attendance.
- Ensure that project and department milestones and goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Various projects and duties as assigned, including business plan cost benefit support, project and asset management support, acquisition support, etc.
Experience and Education
- 2-6 years’ experience with budgeting and planning systems, Axiom, Kaufman Hall, SRC or similar Excel/SQL based database systems preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking.
- Strong communication and relationship skills with track record of presenting complex financial analyses to executives, management and staff clearly and concisely.
- Advanced skills with Excel, PowerPoint and other analytical, planning or database tools.
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance concepts and accounting principles and IT systems.
- Superior process and organizational skills.