American National Bank is looking for a new Commercial Credit Analyst to underwrite all aspects of commercial loan portfolio exposure including credit analysis, risk assessment and cross sales. We are seeking a candidate who has 1-3 years of previous commercial underwriting experience, strong analytical and technical expertise, enjoys working as part of a team and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and external partners as needed.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Portfolio Manager will support 2 or more lines of business and develop knowledge of bank products while focusing on the following responsibilities:
- Gathers necessary financial information from clients and analyzes source documents to determine potential risk and repayment of loan based on historical and pro-forma repayment capacity.
- Develops credit information such as debt service capacity and cash flow analysis to use in making decisions on new, renewed and existing loans.
- Accurately assess the bank quality risk rating of the customer based on financial performance, industry, and other variables.
- Assists in managing annual commercial credit reviews and renewals, portfolio concentrations, underwriting and documenting exceptions, borrowing bases and delinquencies.
- Manages risk on an ongoing basis by monitoring customer credit worthiness, adherence to loan terms and general business conditions.
Experience and Education
- 1-3 years of previous commercial underwriting experience
- Previous experience using Finastra Credit-Quest or other commercial underwriting software preferred
- Previous banking experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to analyze various types of financial statements and credit reports, both business and consumer related.
- Possesses effective communication skills, both oral and written