Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies opportunity for process improvement and efficiency in relation to underwriting and funding activities to include detailed reporting. Ensure proper credit standards and booked loans are maintained. Ensure loan controls and quality is being maintained.
- Approve loan request from indirect bank relationships and direct loan officers within established loan limits. Communicate with indirect clients and business line managers on underwriting decisions to ensure service levels are meeting expectations.
- Provide guidance and training to underwriters and loan processers. Establish and communicate approval conditions to lending personnel. Provides oversight and direction to his/her team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Coaches, mentors and develops staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities. Consciously creates a workplace culture that is positive consistent with the organization's goals. Leads employees to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment. Provides effective performance feedback through recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary. Maintains employee work schedules including paid time off and any requested leave of absence. Maintains transparent communication as appropriate through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email and regular interpersonal communication
Skills, Abilities & Certifications Needed:
- Direct Endorsement designation for FHA Lending, and SAR and LAPP designations for VA Lending required.
- Knowledge of lending practices, policies and procedures for direct consumer and indirect lending
- Knowledge of credit scoring models and automated underwriting systems.
- Advanced skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to use good judgment in decision making.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal/external customers, subordinates and co-workers orally and in writing.
- Ability to negotiate counter offers when necessary.