With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Database Administrator is responsible for designing, managing, deploying, and administering databases on-premises and in-cloud to meet rapidly shifting organizational demands. The Database Administrator will leverage their database development expertise to build solutions that provide cohesive digital experiences and seamless support to enable efficient and effective experiences for our customers and our team members who support them.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate, design, develop, deploy, and sustain company databases using industry leading database tools (both on-premises & cloud) to deliver the highest levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Serve as the database related subject matter expert to project teams, mentor team members and share applicable knowledge on database technologies as needed.
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external project team members to deliver user-facing internal and external applications using modern software development techniques.
- Build and maintain implementation documentation which may include data sources, data diagrams, and other data movement process for routine and complex tasks.
- Write code for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
- Research and develop SQL queries in the creation of business applications and SQL reports from corporate and other peripheral data sources.
- Collaborate with IT, 3rd parties and end-users to design and develop specifications, data dictionaries, access methods and database tuning recommendations for optimum performance.
- Proactively escalate and own issues to resolution before they become operational problems, provide first responder support for database systems, to include troubleshooting, diagnostics and escalation to IT Leadership.
- Implement plans and procedures that automate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of data processes and advanced analysis.
- Provide effective testing of new technology related to database management, storage, and retrieval.
- Fulfill these responsibilities while participating in Agile style project processes.
Experience and Education
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering, or comparable experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing complex database systems for multi-tier, web-based, mobile, and digital technologies.
- Proficient with database development including the development of stored procedures, indexes, SSIS packages, and use of documentation tools (ApexSQL, RedGate SQL, etc.).
- Proficient with database technologies (Azure SQL, SQL Server on AWS, etc.).
- Proficient with cloud data warehouses (AWS Redshift, Snowflake, etc.).
- Proficient with ETL development.
- Proficient in a Windows and Microsoft Office computing environment.
- Experience with consuming and/or implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with front-end web development.