This position is responsible for a wide range of duties that support the branches and other lines of business in their efforts to provide accurate, prompt, and courteous service to their customers. A Deposit Operations Specialist manages the processing of daily deposit activities, verifying and validating transactions, reconciling various accounts, and issuing corrections. In performing the duties described below, the Deposit Operations Specialist is expected to follow established internal control procedures to minimize the Bank’s risk of loss, and comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory rules and regulations governing financial institutions.
Responsible for timely completion of required training application to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and resolve unposted transactions, exception items, stop payment suspects, return items, large dollar notifications, and large item review.
- Ensures that ACH returns and corrections are processed according to NACHA rules.
- Indexing documents into our core imaging system.
- Key and balance item entry / proof work.
- Reconcile and research outstanding items on internal and correspondent accounts, including teller cash.
- Research and process bank adjustments or encoding errors in a timely manner.
- Process customer lockbox deposits received, customer loan payments, and loan payoffs received via the US Post Office.
- Review and analyze checks, deposits, and incoming ACH items in fraud software Verafin. Work with Operations and BSA on potential issues or concerns.
- Maintains and handles all confidential matters and information.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of previous banking operations experience, preferably with at least 1 year in accounting or deposit operations.
- Previous experience or training on ITI or Jack Henry core banking systems preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent; some college or degree is preferred.
- ACH or Check certification a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Access knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures and banking operations required.
- Ability to work under time constraints with little or no supervision.
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic and ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Produce a high volume of work, in a fast-paced, team environment, meeting deadlines and with the ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Good analytical skills with ability to problem solve with excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong organization skills, ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be willing to do repetitive work and have a willingness to learn.
- Proficiency operating various office equipment required.