Head of Corporate Compliance
With history dating back to 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses, charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational movement and learn how we can grow your career.
Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Head of Corporate Compliance is responsible for developing, implementing, administering and maintaining all aspects of the bank’s Compliance Management Program including Fair Banking laws and regulations. Ensures the program is appropriate for the bank’s size and complexity and meets regulatory expectations. Manage a team of compliance specialists to execute the components of the program. Responsible for managing applicable examinations. Prepares and presents reports to Executive Management and the Board of Directors.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Executive and Senior Management to ensure a strong culture of compliance is installed throughout the organization. Work with operational management on a day-to-day basis to ensure they understand their areas are responsible for regulatory compliance risk.
- Monitor regulatory environment and proposed regulatory changes in order to identify changes that will impact the organization. Assess the impact of upcoming regulatory changes and communicate impact and requirements resulting from the changes to the appropriate management personnel. Oversee implementation programs for significant regulatory changes and monitor adherence to key project target dates.
- Monitor the organization changes including plans for new products and services to identify upcoming changes in the organizations structure, management personnel, products and services. Evaluate compliance risk posed by the changes and communicate actions needed to manage the risk to the appropriate management personnel. Monitor actions taken as a result of the changes to ensure controls are in place to manage Compliance Risk.
- Review customer disclosures to ensure the contents meet regulatory requirements. Approve all new or revisions to existing disclosures prior to allowing the disclosures to distributed to consumers. Review all marketing materials and communication methods for compliance with the regulations and approve materials before they are communicated to consumers. Review marking programs or other customer contract programs to ensure they are properly designed to manage Fair Lending Risk.
- Monitor customer and or internal complaints, perform research as necessary to determine the validity and cause of the complaint, communicate results of research to appropriate management personnel. Monitor key management reports, audit or examination reports, and results of internal monitoring programs to identify concerns or changes impacting the organization’s compliance risk and perform follow-up to ensure risk is being properly managed.
- Monitor status of management’s corrective action plans to correct reported deficiencies and perform follow-up if corrective action is not being implemented in a timely manner. Implement programs necessary to monitor lending activities for Fair Lending Risk concerns including possible consumer disparate treatment or impact.
- Manage the organization’s Compliance Training program to ensure all bank personnel are provided adequate training of the consumer protection laws and regulations. Work with management to develop specific training geared to individual job functions to ensure employees understand the regulatory requirements of their assigned duties. Provide follow-up training on all compliance violations identified during Audit or examinations processes to ensure employee understand actions necessary to prevent future violations.
- Manage the ongoing Risk Assessment process in order to evaluate risk associated with changes to regulations, personnel, operations, and business practices and for ensuring appropriate controls are in place to manage those risks.
- Prepare reports to Board of Directors and Executive Management summarizing key risk areas, status of actions being taken to manage the risks and the Compliance Officer’s evaluation of effectiveness of management’s actions to manage Compliance Risks. Chair Compliance Committee’s for all affiliate banks and work with Compliance Committee members to ensure communication/discussion of risk and understanding of actions necessary to manage the risks.
- Supervise staff of Compliance Professionals to ensure productivity and competence of the Compliance Department. Delegate duties and responsibilities to Compliance staff necessary to ensure the effectiveness of the organization’s Compliance Management Program. Mentor compliance staff to ensure they receive education and guidance necessary to be successful in their assigned job duties.
- Provides oversight and direction to his/her team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Coaches, mentors and develops staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities. Consciously creates a workplace culture that is positive consistent with the organization's goals. Leads employees to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment. Provides effective performance feedback through recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary. Maintains employee work schedules including paid time off and any requested leave of absence. Maintains transparent communication as appropriate through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email and regular interpersonal communication.
- 10+ years of bank and bank compliance experience.
- Expert knowledge of Compliance laws and regulations, Community Reinvestment Act and Security procedures.
- Working knowledge of Federal & State banking regulations and bank operations and procedures.
- 5+ years of managerial experience
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- CRCM certification preferred.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of state, federal and national banking regulations.
- Knowledge of bank operations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written in a professional manner.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals from all levels of the organization and departments.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and follow-through with projects with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills that includes data analysis, trend analysis and use of other statistical tools.