The Lead Teller maintains an accurate record of all cash exchanges and balancing of the vault to include ordering and tracking required levels of cash and orders of cash from the Federal Reserve Bank. They are responsible for timely completion of branch certification, serves as role model for new staff, right-hand for branch manager, and provides direction on the teller line and approval or over-ride authority for transaction and cash disbursement.
Schedule: The Lead Teller will work an 8 hour shift Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:15am and 6:15pm, with rotating Saturdays, 8:15am to 12:15pm.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consistently provides high quality client service while effectively processing transactions and supporting sales. Stays abreast of all campaigns and promotions. Cross sells products and services to current and prospective clients, and refers potential business to appropriate business partners. Records all transactions and prepares daily settlements of teller cash and proofs transactions according to branch procedures.
- Processes deposits to savings and checking accounts. Verifies amounts and examines checks for endorsement and negotiability. Cashes checks and pays money from checking and savings accounts. Processes transactions for various bank products and services including safe deposit boxes, traveler’s checks, money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, credit card cash advances, loan payments, etc.
- Fills commercial change orders. Performs clerical duties such as answering calls, processing incoming mail and deliveries, filing, and typing
- Previous experience as a teller, preferred
- Strong cash handling and customer service skills, required
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality