- Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industry's trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
- Operations – Back Office: Ability to implement the practices, processes, technology and applications associated with banking transactions processing and records management.
- Branch Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, regulations, business practices, and operation of Community Banking branches.
- Wholesale Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, and business practices that enable financial transactions among correspondent banks, other financial services companies, major corporate clients, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Banking Products: Knowledge of the products and services available through the branch.
- Financial Services Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
- High Ethical Standards: Role models strong ethics in personal actions and decision making; provides a sense of safety; communicates clear expectations.
- Empowers others: Provides clear direction, yet distributes power to rely on those closest to the situation to make appropriate decisions within the scope of their role. Ensures timely and effective follow up occurs to fully address a problem or situation.
- Fosters a sense of connection and belonging: Communicates often and openly; creates a collaborative community with a feeling of succeeding and failing together as a team; provides safety for trial and error.
- Nurtures growth: Demonstrates commitment to ongoing training and development; shows openness to new ideas and fosters learning; Seeks and values diversity; identifies and fosters talent; continuously helps to grow personally and to develop the next-generation leader.
- Accountable and Decisive: Holds oneself and others responsible for providing measurable, timely, cost-effective high-quality results; acts with purpose in setting priorities, choosing a direction, and delegating a task; follows through reliably with a clear sense of urgency when needed.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides oversight and direction to his/her team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Coaches, mentors and develops staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities. Consciously creates a workplace culture that is positive consistent with the organization's goals. Leads employees to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment. Provides effective performance feedback through recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary. Maintain employee work schedules including paid time off and any requested leave of absence. Maintain transparent communication as appropriate through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email and regular interpersonal communication.
- Manages upfront loan processing, documentation, loan boarding to the core system, post-closing and loan servicing. Hires, trains, and evaluates employees based on mutually agreed upon goals. Train other lending staff when applicable. Ensures that staff members are certified in and knowledgeable of required compliance/CRA regulations and are applied to day-to-day activities.
- Backup Administrator for all key loan origination, processing and funding systems.
- Subject matter expert for our core system, and the primary user of the loan portion of our core system. Assist in installation of this system and all updates. Maintain software by making necessary entries to rates, rules, originators, and users.
- Researches problems and answers questions regarding Post Closing and Servicing and compliance. Researches changes in regulations and implements procedures to assure bank’s compliance.
- Responsible for the majority of back office entries to the core system. Responsible for the maintenance for our core loan system.
- Reviews closed loan documentation to ensure it is compliant and the banks legal position has been properly executed. This includes filing collateral perfection documents and following up to make sure the documents are recorded.
- Prepares various management reports on loan operations. Reconciles multiple bank accounts and general ledger accounts.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of procedures and policies for consumer/commercial/indirect lending.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- 2-3 years loan processing or loan operations
- 1 year supervisory experience
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration required
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Basic mastery and commitment to the continuous development of personal performance around the job-specific goals and leadership competencies necessary for this role.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required. Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors and suppliers, and clients.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.
- The ability to travel throughout the work day among branch locations in the area as needed.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the core banking system and maintain working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong passion for the client and strives to ensure they receive the best in class client service in their channel of choice.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to the Bank’s organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of bank products/services in conjunction with the proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.