The Loan Operations Specialist is responsible for gathering information through systems and processes to generate required documentation for internal and external client base to include new and renewal consumer, commercial, and indirect loan applications while providing superior and timely customer service to internal customers and vendors. Responsible for loan booking process on core and document imaging software, includes new loans and renewals.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Become proficient in applicable processing functions of consumer, commercial, and/or indirect loans which can include receipt of loan application through preparation of initial loan documents, closing loan documents, funding, and boarding on core system.
- Work closely with Bankers, Underwriting, Commercial Banking Specialists, and Dealers while ensuring regulatory and bank compliance.
- Order and review necessary research items, as required, to ensure adherence to regulatory and bank compliance, i.e., flood determinations, title search, AVMs, etc.
- Accurate processing of loan documents for while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulations (RESPA, REG Z, TRID, HOEPA, HPML, FLOOD, FACTA, REG B, HMDA, Fair Credit, etc.)
- Interact with clients, external centers of influence, and other support areas of the Bank via telephone, email, and in person to provide superior service.
- Handle routine inquires and client service issue promptly.
- Continual mindfulness of process improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects for the bank as assigned.
Experience and Education
- 1-2 years of bank and/or office experience.
- LaserPro and Jack Henry experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Basic mastery and commitment to the continuous development of personal performance around the job-specific responsibilities and competencies necessary for this role.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team is required.
- Excellent communication (oral and written); the ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the core banking system and maintain working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of bank products and services.
- Knowledge of bank organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures.
- Desire to provide excellent client service with a consultative approach.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality.