- Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industry’s trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
- Regulatory Environment- Financial Services: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Credit Analysts and Verification: Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
- Wholesale Banking Services: Knowledge of the responsibilities, issues, and business practices that enable financial transactions among correspondent banks, other financial services companies, major corporate clients, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Letters of Credit: Knowledge of concepts, rules, regulations and ability to implement, manage or execute processes associated with Letters of Credit (L/C), which includes: issuance; amendment; advice; confirmation; transfer; assignment and payments.
- Commercial Loans: Knowledge of and ability to utilize commercial lending products to address the needs of existing or new commercial customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Review of all types of consumer loans for the purposes of evaluating credit quality and adequacy of loan file documentation. Identify and report exceptions to loan policy, prudent loan underwriting practices or compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Under direct supervision of the Loan Review Manager assist in the completion of commercial reviews, collateral reviews, letters of credit, metro leasing and accounts receivable loans, and assist with OCC reviews.
- Review of loan policy and procedures in conjunction with types of loans reviewed. Evaluate adequacy of procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with due diligence reviews as needed.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- One to three years banking experience in the loan review, credit analysis or lending functions.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience in the Banking industry.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures governing consumer lending.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and credit reports.
- Knowledge of bank regulations for commercial and consumer credit.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use independent thinking and judgment to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Skill in operating office equipment such as: personal computer, spreadsheet and word processing software, telephone, adding machine and copy machine.