The Loan Servicing Specialist is responsible for gathering information through systems and processes to service loan portfolio on core system. Provide superior and timely customer service to internal and external customers.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and process loan inquiries submitted by internal and external customers via Loan Servicing email box such as loan payments or advances, quoting and processing payoffs, and account maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain loan collateral tickler system for pending collateral perfection items, insurance, and missing documentation.
- Ensure paid loan files are processed and collateral released is in accordance with Bank policy/procedures.
- Handles the imaging loan documentation to ensure documents are indexed to the correct document name.
- Prepare and deliver complete and accurate early disclosures for while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulations (RESPA, REG Z, TRID, HOEPA, HPML, FLOOD, FACTA, REG B, HMDA, Fair Credit, etc.)
- Interact with clients, external centers of influence, and other support areas of the Bank via telephone, email, and in person to provide superior service.
- Handle routine inquires and client service issue promptly.
- Continual mindfulness of process improvement opportunities.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects for the bank as assigned.
Experience and Education
- 1-2 years of bank and/or office experience preferred.
- Previous vehicle title and payment processing experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary education preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Basic mastery and commitment to the continuous development of personal performance around the job-specific and competencies necessary for this role.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required.
- Excellent communication (oral and written); the ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the core banking system and maintain working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of bank products and services.
- Knowledge of bank organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures.
- Desire to provide excellent client service with a consultative approach.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality.