American National Bank is looking for a new Mortgage Loan Closer to be responsible for balancing and preparing closing documents on mortgage loan closings. This role is also responsible for timely completion of required training applicable to the position and regular and effective application of such training in the performance of the position.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares all closing documents.
- Balances mortgage loan closing transactions with vendors.
- Performs special projects as assigned, such as post-closing follow-up reports.
- Achieve compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and provides back-up support to Mortgage Processing Assistant.
Experience and Education
- 2 years’ experience in mortgage lending or real estate including closing procedures of conventional, FHA, VA and NIFA residential mortgages.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending or real estate business and terminology essential.
- Knowledge of computer software and ability to operate various office equipment such as computer, adding machine, copy and fax machine.
- Effective communication with customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner is required.
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work under time constraints.