Responsible for performing Conventional and Government Mortgage loan processing functions, from receipt of loan documentation through preparation of package for loan approval and through underwriting while ensuring Regulatory, Agency, Investor and Bank compliance. The Mortgage Loan Processor provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers and fellow employees by demonstrating a high degree of professionalism. They must adhere to all state and federal regulations including but not limited to HMDA, RESPA, Fair Lending practices, etc.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes new Conventional and Government mortgage applications; such as but not limited to reviewing new applications for completion and early disclosures, obtains all documentation necessary to verify application information, evaluates documentation to ensure compliance with Agency, Investor and Bank requirements, finds solutions and verifications alter the quality of the loan and calculates allowable income to be used for qualification of the loan.
- Ensures information is accurate in System of Record and tracks the process and receipt of documentation in the System of Record.
- Detects non-qualifying applicants early in the process and works with the Mortgage Loan Originator towards innovative viable alternatives to qualify the Borrower.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 1 year mortgage operations experience.
- 2 years of 1st mortgage processing experience preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of loan documents, insurance requirements and real estate terminology preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints.
- Skill in operating the following office equipment: computer, calculator, typewriter, copy machine, fax and postage machine.
- PC Proficiencies with Windows based software in Word and Outlook.