This position works closely with our many investors and management on making sure that the myriad post-closing activities are done timely and correctly in order to expedite the funding process from the investor. The incumbent has to have a broad knowledge of the GL processes of the bank.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with investors and manage, clear and understand the suspension and deficiency processes and procedures by investor. This includes working websites and reporting on a daily basis and disbursing suspense work to appropriate parties.
- Complete the process of funding the loan and manage the accounting procedures of post-closing within the mortgage department. This includes all systems loading in addition to balancing with Pricing desk on locks and tracking all work appropriately.
- Complete Servicing functions for Secondary Market Loans which includes loading and assignment completion, first payment resolution and escrow balancing.
- Be the primary contact and processor of Federal Home Loan Bank Settlements
- Reconcile and review closing account information which would include Escrow Holdback, First Payment, Closing Account, Application Fee and Non-reimbursed on a regular basis. Assist in disbursements as needed and field phone calls and e-mails from borrowers and loan officers.
- Combined five years’ experience in closing, mortgage accounting, pricing and/or investor relations
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- High School diploma and equivalent work experience.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written form in a professional manner.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, with above average Excel competency and other banking specific software.
- Strong mathematical skills with an ability to analyze financial data.
- Ability to work under time constraints.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.