The Mortgage Secondary Market Analyst prepares daily reports showing the bank’s risk and exposure. They post the mortgage rates each day and recommends risk management techniques, origination strategies, and methods to enhance the profitability of the entire mortgage operation. They ensure adherence to the bank's mortgage policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily interaction with investor and investor web sites. Register and lock loans and monitor expirations, extensions, and cancellations.
- Maintain a level of quality service to originators, investors, and personnel from other departments within the bank.
- Deposit investor funds into appropriate GL accounts daily.
- Mitigates risks by tracking loan commitments and expiration fallout through monitoring pipeline reports to ensure accurate reporting, investor commitments and report risk or exposure to ANB and reporting to an originator and investor fallout.
- Take necessary steps to ensure originator’s expectations are consistent with the bank’s procedures.
- Reconcile and resolve differences of investor loan purchases with internal accounting.
- Recommends proposals for Secondary Market participation, ensures that all applicable data is secured to meet qualifications and regulations of the secondary market investors, and participates in product development.
Experience and Education
- 3+ years mortgage experience in closing, processing, servicing or in secondary marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Optimal Blue or another pricing engine preferred.
- Experience in Encompass preferred.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written form in a professional manner.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, with above average Excel competency and other banking specific software.
- Knowledge of secondary market guidelines and pricing principles.
- Strong mathematical skills with an ability to analyze financial data.