American National Bank is looking for a new Network Engineer to assist in analyzing and designing appropriate network and UC infrastructure solutions to enable a superior experience for our employees and customers. This individual will play a key role in the deployment of long-term network and voice strategies and technical architecture as well as short-term scope for small initiatives. This position requires the ability to transform conversations into business requirements which in turn will become project plans and deliverables. The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years of experience with Cisco networking and unified communication platforms and also have strong communication, client relation and documentation skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, install, maintain and support Cisco network equipment including routers, switchers, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Design, install, maintain and support Cisco UC equipment including CUCM, UCCS, Unity, and video conferencing solutions.
- Provide recommendations to lines of business regarding network and UC solutions.
- Coordinate and oversee 3rd party vendor site visits and work.
- Install and support voice and data connectivity at all locations.
- Develop, document, and adhere to UC and network standards and layout.
- Troubleshoot end user reported issues with network or UC services and equipment. This includes both American National Bank equipment and carrier services such as PRIs, MPLS, ELAN, and SIP.
- Provide support for moves, adds, and changes for end users as required
Experience, Education and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience working directly with Cisco networking and unified communication platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with major course work in computer science, business administration or related field.
- CCNA Voice and/or CCNA Routing and Switching certifications preferred.
- Cisco Network and UC experience required.
- Experience working with various vendors, especially carriers.
- Familiarity with following concepts:
- Network and UC infrastructure design practices based on the gathering of technical and business requirements.
- Disaster recovery planning experience.
- Technical site audits or “discovery” processes.
- Routing and switching best practices and concepts.
- Voice over IP telephone concepts, protocols, and standards, including h.323, SIP, SCCP, and MGCP.
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN/Wireless protocols, standards and best practices.
- Firewall configuration best practices.
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring solutions (e.g., SolarWinds, Netflow, etc.).
- IT operations methodology and best practice experience.
- Ability to work with clients to assist in solving problems and questions. Must be patient, professional and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to achieve resolution within projected timeframe.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.