The Portfolio Risk Analysis will assist in managing workflow activities and deadlines and support in maintaining, organizing, and gathering information. Improve existing processes by eliminating redundancy and adding automation supporting the Credit Administration Manager in coordinating loan portfolio and credit risk reporting, as well as presenting material to Senior Management and Asset Quality Committee.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with monthly Allowance for Loan & Lease Loss (ALL) calculation, including transitioning current model to CECL methodology
- Assists in creation and distribution of various Senior Management, Asset Quality Committee, and Board level reports. Complete any supporting documents accurately and within required timeframes.
- Enhance existing reporting to capture potential portfolio-level credit risk in the bank’s loan portfolio
- Assists in maintaining the schedule and workflow for multiple reports.
- Assists in constructing data metrics, statistics, and analyses. Provide trend analysis through the data analysis. Formats reports and presentation materials into established templates and style guides
- Conducts maintenance of spreadsheet templates through data entry and file uploads and performs verifications for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains data files, archives, and documents library as well as manages the version control, updates, and approvals of key documents (e.g., policies, procedures, and audit plans).
- Supports enhancements to functionality of spreadsheets and reports, including use of forms, templates, and logic functions (e.g., risk assessment tools).
- Gathers necessary supporting data using various reporting tools, including IBM Cognos, Python, and SQ
Experience & Education
- Previous experience in credit analysis or commercial lending preferred
- Previous banking experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, business technology, computer information systems strongly preferred or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of spreadsheet applications as they pertain to financial analysis. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze various types of financial statements and credit reports, both business and consumer related