Sr. Data & Strategy Analyst
Established in 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We are dedicated to servicing our personal and business customers by providing top service and identifying the best solution to the customer’s needs. Our employees experience an environment which encourages working together towards a common goal, high involvement in philanthropic activities, and an opportunity to focus on career aspirations and growth.
Benefits & Perks
Benefit eligible employees will have access to the following:
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with up to 4% employer match; immediate vesting
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Volunteer time off
- Gym membership discount
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee banking benefits and discounts
American National Bank is looking for a Sr. Data and Strategy Analyst to use data to provide insight into the business performance and suggest area and methods of improving operations within the business unit. This position will also focus on internal process improvement and collaborating on projects that impact aligned business units. We are looking for an experienced Data and Strategy Analyst with 6+ years of business data analysis experience, a bachelor’s degree, and previous banking experience preferred.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides business analysis to determine best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations or issues.
- Develops analytical approaches and methodologies that provide insight into business performance.
- Works closely with leaders across products, sales and marketing to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions and strategic planning.
- Utilizes internal/external information sources for business analysis.
- Ability to influence change, work constructively with operations managers to create simplified, efficient, risk-managed processes.
- Effectively measures financial outcomes of initiatives or projects.
- Performs other duties and prepares other reports as assigned by management.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in an analysis role.
- Previous banking experience is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience with analysis or reporting tools (SQL, Report Builder, Power BI, Cognos, etc.).
- Basic mastery and commitment to the continuous development of personal performance around the job-specific competencies necessary for this role.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as contributor and collaboratively in a team is required.
- Strong computer skills with ability to learn the core banking system and highly skilled in Windows based software programs.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to compile complex data into meaningful reports for management and for use by lines of business.