Together, we can do more for your future…
At American National Bank, we provide our team members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your family.
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with immediate vesting and profit sharing*
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by ANB, with Wellness Plan Support*
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by ANB*
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision, Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft Protection*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Gym Membership Reimbursement*
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs
*Eligibility Criteria Apply
The Software Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including scoping and estimating work effort, design, coding, documenting, and automating testing while maintaining highly available, secure, and scalable systems. The Software Engineer will work on a variety of different types of projects including but not limited to Systems and Business Integrations using API’s, Front End client portals and enhancing/developing internal automations between applications.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively collaborating with internal and external project team members to deliver user-facing internal and external applications using modern software development techniques.
- Designing, building, debug, and maintaining secure, efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Serving as the software development subject matter expert to project teams, mentor team members and share applicable knowledge on technologies as required.
- Delivering projects on time and in scope.
- Performing assessment for feature and efficiency enhancements.
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing software for multi-tier, web-based, mobile, and digital technologies
- Experience with designing secure, scalable, and highly available software
- Experience with consuming and/or implementing RESTful APIs
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- A Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, with major course work in computer science, software development, or a related field
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Working knowledge of core banking systems and data architecture (Jack Henry, Fiserv, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Agile development and SDLC
- Knowledge of working with protected datasets (PII, PCI-DSS, GDPR, KYC, etc.)
- Ability to achieve resolution within projected timeframe
- Responding to researching questions for both internal and external sources
- Ability to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and technologies
- Strong understanding of secure modern software design patterns and coding standards
- Ability to explain technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently while balancing multiple projects/tasks
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux
- Ability to build and maintain documentation as required
- Prior experience working in a financial institution (bank, credit union, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to think outside the box to create something to enhance both our client experience and to create integrations with other businesses