The Talent Management Specialist acts as a strategic partner, consultant, and coach to leaders in the Nebraska/Iowa Market on a wide range of issues including, talent management, organizational design, organization, and employee development, and change management. This position must build, manage, and leverage relationships to effectively collaborate with and influence stakeholders across the company and be effective at communicating with teammates, leaders, and working across departmental lines.
This position operates in a strong team-based environment where collaboration is critical for fulfilling the needs of the business and relies heavily on individual execution and delivery. We are seeking an individual with 5-8 years of related Talent Management & Development experience.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, HR expertise and coaching to managers and employees with specific focus on: employee retention, employee advocacy/engagement, employee relations management, performance management, and career development and talent assessment
- Develops and implements programs that attract, measure, develop and manage an organization's talent pool. Leads key talent management processes to deliver solutions customized to the job: recruiting, applicant tracking, onboarding, and performance management.
- Analyzes the existing HR practices, identifies and implements workflow efficiencies, and proposes changes designed to meet organizational and managerial needs, strategic direction, best practices and changes in regulatory environment.
- Advise leaders on resolving complex employee relation issues and addressing grievances.
- Partner with division leaders to drive the performance management process and to identify and champion career development for internal employees
- Translates the priorities of the business and integrates the Talent Management value proposition and strategies to meet the needs of the business
- Drives the completion of key milestones and partners with stakeholders outside of HR to facilitate a smooth transition of employees in and out of the organization through holistic, efficient and effective onboarding and disembarking processes.
Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree with 5-8 years of talent management generalist experience required
- Banking industry experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse personalities and influence without formal authority while exercising tact and flexibility.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, exercise independent judgment, resourcefully innovate, recommend and lead effective courses of action.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, implement and manage complex or multiple projects and tasks in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Ability to evaluate skills, identify development opportunities and provide effective coaching.