The Treasury Management Specialist is responsible for developing banking strategies in order to sell products and services to prospective clients in the business community.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles sophisticated client servicing.
- Creates new account documentation for TM sales and Business Banking.
- Demonstrates TM products and services.
- Provides implementation and training for large TM clients.
- Assists with sales RFP/proposals, cost analysis/proformas, and organizes and participates in the execution of the sales campaign.
- Aids in preparing annual review analysis.
- Identifies cross-selling opportunities.
- Meets with new businesses for the purpose of developing new business deposit relationships including the identification and creation of proposals for related Treasury Services which represent the full suite of Treasury Services products and services such as ACH, RDC, Positive Pay, ACH Blocks/Filters, ChequeGuard, Lockbox, Merchant Services, Credit Cards and other services as may be identified from time to time.
- Creates sales proposals while effectively and persuasively discussing services with prospects and customers with a long term view of building customer relationships.
- Provides account servicing for portfolio customers as well as other account officers’ customers with a goal of 98% retention. Including regular contact with portfolio customers. This may include account maintenance and establishment of services for customers.
- Meets with existing businesses for expansion of business including the identification and creation of proposals for related services – within portfolio and across the bank for Business Bankers. This includes the identification and creation of proposals for related Treasury Services which represent the full suite of Treasury Services products and services.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- 0-2 years of previous banking and/or sales experience preferred.
- Prior experience with meeting and or exceeding objectives related to growing small business relationships.
- Proven history of successfully sourcing and creating relationships with new prospects, business leads, and clients to sell business banking services and products.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required. Significant professional experience may substitute for formal education.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Basic mastery and commitment to the continuous development of personal performance around the job-specific competencies necessary for this this role.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required. Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, vendors and suppliers, and clients.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.
- Strong passion for the client and strives to ensure they receive the best in class client service in their channel of choice.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of bank products/services in conjunction with the proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality with the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industry’s trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
- Treasury Services: Knowledge of the products, services, issues, and business practices that enable the financial transactions hat take place among banks, other financial services companies, major corporations, governments and other entities.
- Product Line & Channel Knowledge: Knowledge of specific products and associated development processing and strategy. Knowledge of and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling organization’s products and services.
- Financial Services Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Client Interaction: Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information. Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a customer.
- Selling & Sales Activities: Knowledge of process, tools, techniques and theories behind selling the organization’s products or services. Knowledge of and ability to use diverse tools, tactics and techniques to persuade a person to perform a desired action.
Universal Job Requirements
It is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure:
- All personal actions demonstrate strong ethics in full alignment with all applicable consumer protection laws, financial industry regulations, the bank’s overall Compliance program objectives, as well as documented policy and procedure.
- Personal finances are effectively managed.
- Reliable attendance is maintained.
- Personal actions continuously reflect the bank in a professional and positive manner.
- The effective completion of all duties as assigned.