Prime Home Developmental Disabilities Services offers variety of programming in the Omaha Metro to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This includes community inclusion, activities, outings and more.
The Direct Care Professional is responsible for providing compassionate care and assistance to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities by working with each client, assessing and meeting their needs with the goal of fostering a positive, encouraging environment.
Our team of Direct Support Professionals enjoys the rewards of making a difference every day, a supportive work environment, competitive wage & benefits package along with opportunities for advancement.
This position is full-time day hours, Monday-Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all clients are treated with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encouraging independence.
- Assist with and work to strengthen the individuals’ many daily living needs including but not limited to nutrition, hygiene, exercise, communication and socialization skills.
- Develop a rapport with clients and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship.
- Update client case notes daily.
- Always ensure an appropriate staff-to-client ratio.
- Always maintain the safety and security of individuals through line of sight supervision.
- Support crisis prevention, intervention, and resolution.
- Provide transportation to ensure the safe transport and timely delivery of individuals to their outings/appointments
- Comply with all traffic laws, safety guidelines, current federal, state and local standards and regulations, as well as our established policies and procedures.
- Hired candidates will be assigned to 1 of our 3 Day Centers based on qualification, need, and preferences.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Minimum age of 19 years
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current vehicle Insurance upon request
- Outstanding writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail, good time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage stressful situations responsibly and effectively
- Provides input and assistance in planning and evaluating programs and clients’ goals.
- Maintenance and documentation of records of client’s accidents/incidents as required.
- Physically capable of transferring, assisting with transfers, assisting with lifting clients who require physical assistance
- Three years’ experience working with people with intellectual or other developmental disabilities preferred
- Increase wage/hour for candidates that possess the following skills or certifications
- College Degree
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Registered Behavioral Therapist (RBT)
Why Prime Home Developmental Disabilities Services?
- Our team of Direct Support Professionals enjoys the rewards of making a difference every day
- Work in a supportive and fun environment
- VERY low turnover in staff
- Amazing, caring coworkers
- Focused on giving individuals with disabilities opportunities to participate in activities and have life fulfilling experience
- Company is growing quickly and there are opportunities for advancement
- Excellent Benefits
- Competitive wages
- Paid Holidays, with a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual rate
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401 K benefit with company match