An Extended Family Home (Shared Living Provider) opens their home for a individual with a disability. This position requires an open bedroom and ability to help take care of an individual with a disability. The goal of this service is to encourage and teach skill development so the individual can be as independent as possible. Range of client needs varies between highly behavioral individual to people with higher medical needs.
This subcontracting position is a work from home position, that you provide care and support for a person within your own home. This position requires a desire to make a difference in an individual's life and commitment to the lengthy application process.
The applicant process is thorough and detailed, so it depends on many factors:
- Accuracy/Completeness of Application.
- Coordination of phone and face to face interviews.
- Coordination of in-home visit.
- No criminal background, APS/CPS and Sex Offender history.
- Completion of required training.