Applicants will be available for flexible hours, be a team player, have a passion for health and fitness, and most importantly, be a great representative of our brand! To be considered for this position, you must be a high-energy self-starter, have an extroverted personality, be a good motivator/coach, and enjoy sales, marketing, and building great culture in the club.
Important: If you are uncomfortable doing sales or calling complete strangers on the phone and asking them to stop in to see our club, this is not the position for you.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, & Expectations:
A good candidate will enjoy working in a health club environment, have a friendly, outgoing personality, and genuinely care about helping others. We require someone who is upbeat, outgoing and what we call "remarkably personable"!
- Staff will tour guests through club explaining our culture, features and benefits of specific pieces of equipment, club rules and value proposition around training programs and membership.
- Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Sell memberships to inquiring members.
- Answer phone calls and club emails.
- Set appointments for the Club Manager and Personal Trainers.
- Perform follow-up functions (calls, emails, texts) to members and prospects.
- Picking up around the club and light cleaning - COVID-19 considerations: All gym equipment is cleaned and disinfected numerous times throughout the day. Bathrooms are cleaned, sanitized and disinfected several times throughout the day.
- Stocking merchandise when needed.
- Collect and enter payments from members.
- Count the till and account for money coming into the club.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Desire to be in sales and willing to call prospects and market our club and membership.
- Ability to be certified in CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Previous sales experience, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Superior communication skills - ability to communicate with members as well as personal trainers and employees.
- Previous experience with fitness club management software (Club O/S, Club Ready, apps like My Fitness Pal) is a plus.